- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Better Business Bureau publishes the complete details of complaints
Better Business Bureau serving Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington now publishes the complete details of complaints, including original complaint transcripts and their accompanying business responses.
Consumers and businesses can now check complaint details on free BBB Business Reviews to:
- Understand the nature of disputes.
- Determine the seriousness of allegations.
- Get a feel for how businesses treat their customers.
- Look for unreasonable complaints or responses.
- Read how complaints are resolved, or not resolved.
- Make smarter shopping decisions.
“In the past, people had to guess about how BBB complaints between business and their customers were handled, but now anyone can see the full conversation from both sides,” says Robert W.G. Andrew, CEO of BBB serving Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington. “It gives the BBB complaint process transparency, businesses a voice and consumers another level of confidence.”
BBB’s complaint details are published verbatim—personal information is censored as necessary—and include:
- Initial complaints and the desired resolutions.
- Business responses and consumer rebuttals.
- Resolution statuses.
A short story from BBB Productions about a local business owner dealing with complaint detail publishing is available on BBB’s YouTube page.
This change will benefit businesses and consumers; to learn more about BBB and BBB’s programs, visit akorww.bbb.org.