- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Black Diamond Community Center senior programs
All senior programs are located at the Black Diamond Community Center,
31605 Third Ave, state Route 169 in Black Diamond. For questions, reservations or appointments call 360-886-1011.
- Jan. 13 - Thursday - Thomas P. Crapper Day. Come and celebrate the invention of the flush toilet. There will be a toilet-papering contest.
- Jan. 14. - Friday - The Sons of Italy meet at the center a 6:30 p.m. to celebrate their Italian heritage with a good meal, $5.
- Jan. 20 - Thursday - Foot care appointments available with Karen Poppleton, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $25.
- Jan. 25 - Monday - Investment club meets 9:30 a.m. to discuss financial management and development.
- Senior Congregate Meals - Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays - served at noon, social hour begins at 11a.m. A $3 donation is suggested.
- Community Lunches - New lunch program - Mondays and Fridays - served at noon, social hour begins at 11a.m. Suggested donation is $3. Open to all ages.
- Play Pool with Wim - 9:30 to11:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Mexican Train Dominos with Dale - 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays
Skip-Bo with Tom -10 to noon Thursdays
- Pinochle with Evelyn - 12:45 2:15 p.m. Tuesdays
- B-I-N-G-O with Patty - 1 p.m. after lunch Thursdays
- Taking Pounds Off Sensibly(TOPS) meets 9-11 a.m. Fridays
- Do you have old pairs of eyeglasses you no longer use? The Enumclaw Lions
Club has an eyeglasses donation box at the Black Diamond Community Center.
Together we are collecting clean and gently used eyeglasses for people in remote areas of developing countries. The glasses will be examined and packaged by volunteer eye doctors who will sort them for the different prescription needs. This is an easy and wonderful opportunity for you to donate to a much needed cause.
- Black Diamond Walk & Talk - 7:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays. Group meets at the center. Walk around Black Diamond on Mondays and off to the Wilderness trail on Wednesdays.
- Java Chat - Immediately after Walk & Talk. Bring a friend or just come on down Mondays at 8:30 a.m. and Wednesdays at 9 a.m. to visit and enjoy Starbucks coffee and sweet rolls.
- TOPS - Take off Pounds Sensibly - 9 a.m. Fridays the center's pool room.
- Nutrition Lunch - Congregate meal served at noon Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Fresh salads served with each meal. Suggested donation is $3.
- Blood Pressure - Come get your blood pressure checked every Thursday from
11:30 a.m. to noon by volunteers from the Black Diamond Fire Department.
- Diabetic Shoe Fittings - Are you in need of or interested in getting diabetic shoes? Appointments with Patty Hensley are available on the first
Thursday of the month after lunch. Call 360-886-1011 for more information.
- Foot Care - Third Thursday of every month, with Karen Poppleton, for only $25. Appointments available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 360-886-1011 to reserve your spot in advance.
- Investment Club - Fourth Monday of the month, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Adult Day Health - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays, lunch provided
Caring staff provide special activities, which include games, news of the day, painting and crafts, activities geared toward their abilities, nutritious lunches and reminisce. We ask for $3 donation for lunch. If you are a caregiver for an aged parent or loved one 55 or older, give yourself a break, and treat your loved one to a special outing.
- Wheelchairs, walkers and canes - These and other aids are available for your use. Please donate any items you no longer use.
- Free Pet Food - Once a month for low-income seniors. Sponsored by the Humane Society. Come by the Black Diamond Community Center to fill out an application. This service is available each month.
- Community center transportation - Every Thursday for our congregate meal, pick up times and locations vary. Please call to set up your ride. Cost is $2 for Black Diamond and $3 for Maple Valley round trip. Prepaid cards are available.
- Need Transportation for appointments? Please call volunteer transportation at 206-448-5740 or King County Metro Access Service at 1-800-770-1999.
- Meals on Wheels - Available to home-bound seniors. Meals are provided by senior services for only a $3 donation for each meal. Ensure 24-pack cases are also available for a discount rate of $25. Please call 360-886-1011 to sign up for the program.
Royalty will be installed on the throne.
Senior activities at the Black Diamond Community Center
Please donate your old eyeglasses
Senior health and fitness at the Black Diamond Community Center
Lose weight and make new friends with this great support group.
Social gathering starts at 11a.m.