- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Kent School District to host College Goal Sunday events to help students apply for FAFSA
The Kent School District is hosting College Goal Sunday, a district-wide FASFA application event for students and families. FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is the required financial aid process to become eligible for state and federal grants, many scholarships and the College Bound Scholarship.
Preparing the pre-FASFA information at a College Goal Sunday allows students, parents, and guardians to come in, receive help, and complete the FAFSA online. A students can also enter a $500 scholarship raffle contest.
Kent School District College Goal Sunday EventsStudents and parents or guardians are welcome to attend any event site.
Only one session is needed to attend.
- Kentridge High School: 3–7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 17
- Kentlake High School: 3–7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19
- Green River Community College: 1–4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 21
- Kent-Meridian High School: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 22nd
- Kentwood High School: 3:30–7:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 23
College Goal Sunday RegistrationYou must register to attend College Goal Sunday.
College Goal Sunday Registration: http://www.collegegoalsundaywa.org/students-parents/registration/
What to bring College Goal Sunday:
- FASFA Worksheet
- FAFSA PIN
- Student and parent guardian most recent Federal income tax return
To be eligible to apply to FAFSA for the 2012- 2013 academic year, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a graduating senior for 2012
- Have a valid U.S. Social Security number or alien registration number (check FAFSA website for details)
- Planning on enrolling into college 2012-2013
- FAFSA website: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
Completing the FAFSA worksheet before the College Goal Sunday will help prepare the information necessary for completing and submitting FAFSA online. The FAFSA worksheet only serves as notes and will not be submitted.
The information will be entered online. Go to the FAFSA website: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ for the income worksheet.
FAFSA 2011 Income
The FAFSA Worksheet is for the 2011-2012 school year. The FAFSA income information submitted online will be from 2011 income information. Most families will not have filed their 2011 taxes by the time they apply to FAFSA in January, therefore it is advised to use estimates for the purpose of submitting FASFA early.
Personal Identification Number
Please register for a student and parent/ guardian FASFA PIN (Personal Identification Number) in advance of College Goal Sunday.
The FAFSA PIN serves as an electronic signature for the student and parent/guardian and speeds the FAFSA application process.
Apply to FAFSA PIN: http://www.pin.ed.gov/PINWebApp/pinindex.jsp
Steps to Complete FASFA:
1. Apply for a FAFSA PIN
2. Apply and submit FAFSA in January
3. Update FAFSA with 2011 Income Information between February and May
4. Income Information Verification by colleges between May and August
If you have any questions, please contact the student's high school counselor or Randy Nuñez Randy.Nunez@kent.k12.wa.us, (253) 373 – 7582. Those interested can also contact Mike Halliday in Community Connections at 253-373-7524.