Deadly home fire near Ravensdale caused from misuse of smoking material

King County fire investigators have determined the home fire in Palmer near Ravensdale Tuesday, Dec. 7, that claimed the life of a man was accidental caused by the misuse of smoking material in the bedroom.

According to King County Sheriff's Office Sgt. John Urquhart the man was 52-years-old and he was living in the single story home.

The fire call came in at about 10 p.m. to Fire District 47. The home is located next door to an unmanned volunteer fire station in the 33600 block of SE 309th.

View Larger Map

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates