Covington man tosses meth pipe while on bicycle | Maple Valley-Covington Police Blotter
July 12, 2011 · 5:39 PM
- STOLEN DONATIONS: 17600 block of Southeast 272nd Street. Someone stole a donation container from the front counter at the Union 76 gas station.
- BEER RUN: 26800 block of Southeast 272nd Street. Two men stole beer from the am/pm convenience store then took off on foot. A witness described the suspects as white men, one with a medium build, black hair and wearing black and white plaid shirt along with blue jeans. The other shoplifter was described as having a heavy build, wearing a tank top and blue jeans.
- DRUNK DRIVER: 27200 block of 164th Avenue Southeast. A man was arrested just before 1 a.m. for driving under the influence after his blood alcohol content was measure at .192 and .197, both more than twice the legal limit of .08.
- COMMERCIAL BURGLARY: 17400 block of Southeast 272nd Street. Someone broke into a business that is being remodeled and stole several spools of copper wire. It is not clear how the suspect got into the business but according to the police report the suspect may have used a key.
- COUNTERFEIT CASH: 17000 block of Southeast 272nd Street. A patron at Applebee's attempted to pay with a counterfeit $100 bill.
WANTED: Southeast 256th Street and 180th Avenue Southeast. A man was contacted by a deputy while riding his bicycle. When he was approached by the deputy, he tossed a meth pipe. It was discovered the man on the bicycle had several Department of Corrections violations and was booked into jail on those violations.
- BURGLARY:18400 block of Southeast 263rd Street. Someone entered a home through an unlocked door then took a loaded handgun and electronics.
- SPARKLER BOMB: 28100 block of 197th Avenue Southeast. Shortly before midnight a man heard a loud explosion. When he went outside to see what caused the noise he saw pieces of his mailbox scattered in front of his house. Police suspect fireworks were used to make an explosive device.
- CAN'T PICK YOUR FAMILY: 19400 block of Southeast 266th Street. A man was attacked by his father and brother, who used knives in the assault.
- ARSON: 25700 block of 177th Place Southeast. Someone set a garbage can on fire in a community park using a sparkler bomb.
- WELCOME HOME: 18600 block of Southeast 265th Street. A homeowner returned to discover find his house damaged and two men inside the residence cleaning. The men were trespassed from the property.
- STOLEN PILLS: 26200 block of 210th Avenue Southeast. The victim left 94 pills of generic Xanax in his pants, which were in an unlocked vehicle, while he went for a swim. During the time he was swimming someone entered the car and stole the pills.
- THEFT: 22700 block of Southeast 266th Street. An iPod digital music player was stolen from an unlocked car.
- CLICK IT OR GET ARRESTED: 22000 block of Southeast Wax Raod. A woman was stopped for not wearing a seatbelt then arrested on a pair of warrants out of Renton and booked into jail.
- HUGS NOT DRUGS: Southeast 267th Street and Southeast 236th Place Southeast. Two juvenile males were caught in possession of prescription pills and drug paraphernalia.