Man 'test drives' motorcycle, doesn't return | Covington - Maple Valley Police Blotter
July 10, 2012 · Updated 11:35 AM
- SLEEPING IT OFF: Southeast 260th Street and 180th Avenue Southeast. A man was reportedly curled up on the state Route 18 overpass on 180th Avenue when an officer contacted him. Apparently the man was drunk and had gone to sleep along the roadway.
- TEST DRIVE: 16700 block of Southeast 272nd Street. Two parties met at Fred Meyer so that a potential buyer could test drive the seller's motorcycle. The suspect did not return the motorcycle after the so-called test drive.
- LOVE BITE: 18500 block of Southeast Timberlane Drive. A woman bit her husband's hand, which left a mark and caused the man pain.
- SUSPICIOUS TRUCK: 25800 block of 203rd Avenue Southeast. After driving up to a home in a vehicle described as a black, mid-1990s Chevy pickup truck with a dolly in the back, suspects were seen prowling around the house.
- LOCKED OUT: 19200 block of Southeast 268th Street. A man believed he locked his keys in the trunk of his car which was missing the next morning then discovered later wrecked on the Soos Creek Trail.
- THEFT: 27000 185th Avenue Southeast. A former employee of Home Depot allegedly stole $200 while she worked at the home improvement store.
- WANTED: 26600 block of Timberlane Drive. A driver was stopped for a traffic violation and he initially provided the officer a fake name. The motorists's passenger was wanted for third degree theft, drug paraphernalia was found in the car and it turned out the driver had a warrant out for his arrest on second degree murder charges.
- IT'S MY AIRSOFT!: 18600 block of Southeast 265th Street. One man hit another man in the head with the butt of an Airsoft gun after the two got into an argument over use of the gun.
- WALLET GONE: 26600 block of Timberlane Drive. One man accused another man of stealing his wallet, which had $150 cash inside, pick pocket style.
- DON'T DRIVE: 26500 block of state Route 169. Loss prevention staff for Fred Meyer detained a woman in the parking lot who appeared to be drunk or high to prevent her from driving.
- EXPLOSIVE: 24200 block of Witte Road Southeast. Someone used what policed described as an "IED" or improvised explosive device to destroy property at Lake Wilderness Elementary.
- DRUNK DRIVER: 27100 block of Witte Road Southeast. A driver was stopped for going 48 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. The driver was arrested after the office measured his blood alcohol in a field sobriety test at .187 and .193.
UNINCORPORATED KING COUNTY
- VANDALISM: 21400 Southeast 300th Street. A maintenance worker noticed when he arrived at work at Kentlake High that about 17 parking lot light pole caps had been removed at ground level. Further examination led the district employee to notice whoever pulled the caps off also pulled wiring out of the light poles.