Grease causes cooking fire | Mountain View Fire and Rescue - Black Diamond Fire Report

Mountain View Fire and Rescue - Black Diamond Fire Report

Total Calls for the week

Fire: 1

Rupture/Explosion: 0

EMS/Rescue: 11

Hazardous conditions: 1

Service Call: 0

Good Intent: 3

False Call: 2

Severe Weather: 0

Other: 0

Total Calls: 18

Incident Of The Week:

Dec. 1

  • COOKING FIRE: 151 Ave SE. Firefighters and Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to a cooking fire. The firefighters found the fire was extinguished when they arrived on scene, but they checked for extension to make sure they fire did not spread. They found some minor smoke damage on the wall and ceiling. The resident called 9-1-1 after they had a grease fire while cooking and someone splashed water on the fire causing it to splash and spread to the curtains and cabinets.




We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates