- About Us
King County Council meeting highlights | Sept. 23-27
Monday, September 23
Metropolitan King County Council – 11:00 a.m. ***Special Meeting***
• King County Executive Dow Constantine will present his 2014 Executive Proposed Budget to the Council. The Council will recess after the Budget Address until 1:30 p.m.
--At 1:30 p.m., Councilmembers will hear public testimony during their monthly public comment period. Speakers will have two minutes to address Councilmembers on matters relating to county government.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
• A motion accepting the Executive’s appointment of David Chapman as Director of the Department of Public Defense (Motion 2013-0263).
• An ordinance authorizing the Sheriff’s office to impound watercraft in order to protect persons and property (Substitute Ordinance 2013-0347.2).
• An ordinance authorizing a renewal of cable television franchise with WAVEDIVISON I, LLC, for a period ending July 31, 2023 (Ordinance 2013-0395).
King County Ferry District–2:00 p.m.
Supervisors are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
• A resolution authorizing the chair to enter into an employment agreement for the District Administrator position (Resolution No. FD2013-05).