- About Us
King County Council meeting highlights | Oct. 21-28
Monday, October 21
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m.
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
• An ordinance implementing the charter amendment creating the Department of Public Defense (Ordinance 2013-0242).
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
--Councilmembers will recognize the month of October as Cyber Security Awareness Month in King County
--Councilmembers will proclaim October 20-26 as Pro Bono Week in King County
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
• Motions confirming the reappointments of members of the King County Solid Waste Advisory Committee (Motions 2013-0445, 0454, 0451, 0452).
2014 KING COUNTY BUDGET
Follow and comment on the Council’s budget deliberations through Twitter (#KCBudget), Facebook and by visiting the King County Council Budget Web site at:
Tuesday and Wednesday, October 22-23
Budget and Fiscal Management Committee – Reconciliation Panel – 9:30 a.m.
• Long-term General Fund Outlook and Risks (Briefing No. 2013-0141).
Committee members are scheduled to discuss:
• 2014 King County Budget (Ordinance 2013-0422).
• Fee and levy ordinances that will help support the 2014 King County budget, including:
o An ordinance relating to the county property tax levies for collection in 2014 (Ordinance 2013-0425).
o An ordinance relating to school impact fees (Ordinance 2013-0433).
o An ordinance relating to the imposition of the excise tax on radio access lines in King County for the continued operations of an enhanced 911 emergency telephone system (Ordinance 2013-0432).
o An ordinance repealing a processing fee for defendants requesting counsel at public expense (Ordinance 2013-0429).