- About Us
King County Council meeting highlights | Dec. 16-20
Monday, December 16
Metropolitan King County Council – 9:30 a.m. ***Special Meeting***
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
- An ordinance relating to the 2013 levy of property taxes in King County for collection in the year 2014 (Ordinance 2013-0425).
- A motion opposing the establishment of new coal terminals in Oregon and Washington and urging a comprehensive environmental review of the impacts of proposals for new terminals, including the associated transport and burning of coal (Motion 2013-0386).
- An ordinance establishing a pilot program that encourages County employees to be innovative and for the County to commercialize creative ideas, inventions, tools and software programs generated by its employees (Ordinance 2013-0434).
- An ordinance ratifying the execution of agreements for jail services with the cities of Burien, Enumclaw and Federal Way (Ordinance 2013-0505).
- An ordinance establishing February 11, 2014 as the date of a special election on the question of the annexation of the Klahanie Annexation Area to the city of Issaquah (Ordinance 2013-0523).
- A motion adopting King County’s 2014 (FY 2015) Federal Agenda (Motion 2013-0513).
- Motions making appointments to fill the vacancies for:
o State Senator in the 43rd Legislative District (Motion 2013-0528).
o State Representative in the 43rd Legislative District (Motion 2013-0529).
o State Representative in the 33rd Legislative District (Motion 2013-0531)
- A motion relating to the organization of the County Council (Motion 2013-0525).
Thursday, December 19
Board of Health – 1:30 p.m.
- Coverage is Here King County Enrollment Update (Briefing No. 13-B23).