News

Kitchen fire in Covington - no injuries | Kent Fire Department

Unattended cooking caused a kitchen fire in the 24700 block of 184 Pl SE. at 3:36 this afternoon.

The fire was confined to the kitchen by firefighters, though smoke damage was evident throughout the two story house. The home did have working smoke alarms.

No one was injured in the fire, which did approximately $5,000 in damage.

Firefighters from both the Kent Fire Department Regional Fire Authority and the Maple Valley Fire Department responded to the incident.

Kitchen fires are the most common type of fires seen in residences. Even small fires can cause thousands of dollars in damage and can lead to burns or other injuries.

Keep an eye on what you fry. Always stay in the kitchen when cooking, keep pan lids handy to snuff out fires, and never heat oil on high heat.

 


View Larger Map

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 17 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates