- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Grant money available for King County flood reduction projects
Funding for programs that reduce the impact of flooding in King County will be available in 2014. The King County Flood Control District announced Thursday that a new grant fund program with $2.6 million will target flood reduction projects throughout the county.
The types of projects that are eligible include:
· Addressing localized flooding
· Surface water overflows
· Near-shore flooding
· Lake flooding due to outflow blockage; assessment of existing conditions as part of creation of a lake management district
· Clearance of clogged agricultural drainage systems
· Maintaining access to goods and infrastructure that serve a larger agricultural economy
· Providing navigable water channels for industry and recreation
A request for proposal will be issued around the end of February and the deadline is anticipated to be early or mid-April 2014, with the selection of recipients potentially occurring in late May or June.
Interested parties should contact Ken Pritchard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-477-4804.