- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
King County Council meeting highlights | Feb. 24-28
Monday, February 24
-- Council members will recognize Amnon Schoenfeld, the retiring Director of King County’s Mental Health, Chemical Abuse and Dependency Services Division.
-- Council members will hear public testimony during their monthly public comment period. Speakers will have two minutes to address Councilmembers on matters relating to county government.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
• An ordinance revising rates of fare and instituting a program for low-income transit fares (Substitute Ordinance 2014-0038.2)
• An ordinance authorizing a 30-year use agreement with the Ravensdale Park Foundation for the use, development and construction of a synthetic ballfields and related infrastructure at Ravensdale Park (Ordinance 2014-0042).
• An ordinance authorizing an interlocal agreement with the city of Maple Valley for the design, development and construction for two synthetic multi-use athletic fields at Ravensdale Park (Ordinance 2014-0043).
• An ordinance setting policies requiring socially responsible banking practices as a minimum requirement for financial institutions to be awarded and maintain banking contracts with King County (Ordinance 2014-0031).
• A motion supporting passage of state legislation enabling creation of cultural access funds (Motion 2014-0040).
• A motion calling on the Executive to support efforts to combat human trafficking and the commercial exploitation of children through development and placement of human trafficking outreach information in certain locations across King County including county facilities (Motion 2014-0077).
King County Transportation Board
– 3:00 p.m. ***Special Meeting***
Board members are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
• Election of chair and vice-chair.
• A resolution adopting the bylaws for the King County Transportation District (Resolution No. TD2014-01).
• Election of executive committee members
• A resolution relating to financing transportation improvements; submitting a ballot measure regarding transportation funding to the qualified electors of the King County transportation district at a special election to be held on April 22, 2014, and submitting a proposition to district voters to authorize the district to fix and impose a one-tenth of one percent sales and use tax within the district and a sixty dollar vehicle fee on all vehicles within the district to finance transportation improvements (Resolution No. TD2014-03). The District will take public testimony on this resolution.
Tuesday, February 25
Government Accountability and Oversight Committee – 9:30 a.m.
• Countywide Telephone System Replacement Project (Briefing No. 2014-B0023).
Law, Justice and Health and Human Services Committee – 1:30 p.m.
• Prosecutor’s Office Domestic Violence Initiative (Briefing No. 2014-B0029).
• One Night Count Briefing (Briefing No. 2014-B0030).
• Count us In Briefing (Briefing No. 2014-B0031).
“This Week at the Council” is a summary of highlights for upcoming council and committee agendas.
To read complete agendas and the full text of legislation, visit the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system at http://kingcounty.legistar.com/Legislation