- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
King County Council meeting highlights | March 24-28
Monday, March 24
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
-- Recognition of Kentridge High School student Tracy Tran for her outstanding academic achievement
--Councilmembers will hear public testimony during their monthly public comment period. Speakers will have two minutes to address Councilmembers on matters relating to county government.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
· An ordinance amending the 2014 Budget; making net supplemental appropriations to several general fund agencies, to the annual capital fund budget, and to various non‑general fund agencies (Ordinance 2014-0051).
For introduction and referral:
• A motion to create a safety of newborn children task force for King County (Motion 2014-0125).
Tuesday, March 25
Government Accountability and Oversight Committee – 9:30 a.m.
• KC eLearning Initiative (Briefing 2014-B0018).
• King County Airport Security (Briefing 2014-B0046). [Note: Some parts of the briefing may be held in executive session.]
Law, Justice and Health and Human Services Committee – 1:30 p.m.
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
- A motion accepting the King County sheriff's office internal investigations unit annual report for 2013 (Motion 2014-0096).
- Status of King County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP), and ongoing regional disaster planning efforts (Briefing 2014-B0048).
- 2014 Legislative Session Briefing on Law, Justice, Health and Human Services Issues (Briefing 2014-B0050).
Wednesday, March 26
Flood Control District Executive Committee – 9:30 a.m. *** Special Meeting *** The Committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr, King County Courthouse
- King County Flood Control District Executive Director position interviews
“This Week at the Council” is a summary of highlights for upcoming council and committee agendas.
To read complete agendas and the full text of legislation visit the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system at http://kingcounty.legistar.com/Legislation
Watch all Council proceedings held in chambers LIVE on King County TV on Comcast and Wave Cable on channel 22, or online at: