- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Rock blasting planned 3 days this week east of Snoqualmie Pass
Interstate 90 east of Snoqualmie Pass will close three nights next week for rock blasting.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will close I-90 at 7:30 p.m. for about an hour each night Tuesday, May 27, Wednesday, May 28 and Thursday, May 29. During rock blasting closures, eastbound drivers will be stopped at Gold Creek (milepost 56) and westbound drivers will be stopped at Price Creek (milepost 61).
Drivers will also experience minor delays during the day due to intermittent rolling slowdowns and nighttime single lane closures Tuesday through Friday.
A single lane closure eastbound could cause minor delays for drivers at night from Denny Creek (milepost 47) to Hyak vicinity (55) Tuesday through Friday.
It’s a busy construction season and drivers need to use the following resources to help plan their trips over I-90 this summer:
- · Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects and traffic impacts and to sign up for email updates.
- · Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
- · Check the weekly Construction Updates and Traffic pages for region-wide updates.
- · Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM.
- · Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass.
- · Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511.