- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
King County Council meetings schedule | June 9-13
Monday, June 9
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
--Councilmembers will proclaim June 2014 as Gay Pride Month in King County.
--Councilmembers will recognize the Garfield High School Boys Basketball team for winning the 2014 AAAA State Championship.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
· An ordinance adopting public transportation service reductions in September 2014 (Ordinance 2014-0210).
· A motion related to Metro transit service and planning (Motion 2014-0207).
· An ordinance adopting public transportation service reductions in September 2014, February 2015, June 2015 and September 2015 scheduled service changes (Ordinance 2014-0169).
· An ordinance authorizing the King County executive to execute a contract for construction of the new Factoria recycling and transfer station (Substitute Ordinance 2014‑0166.2)
· A motion acknowledging receipt of a report related to review of the 2006 Solid Waste Transfer and Waste Management Plan (Substitute Motion 2014‑0097.2)
Tuesday, June 10
Government Accountability and Oversight Committee – 9:30 a.m.
· An ordinance relating to for‑hire transportation, including taxicabs, for‑hire vehicles, for‑hire drivers and transportation network companies (Ordinance 2014-0187).
· Introduction to Port Jobs (Briefing No. 2014-B0090).
Law, Justice and Health and Human Services Committee – 1:30 p.m.
· A briefing on psychiatric boarding (Briefing No. 2014 B0092).
· Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) Annual Report (Briefing No. 2014-B0079).
· Review of the Status of the Implementation of I‑502’s Recreational Marijuana Regulations and the State Legislature’s Actions to Related to Marijuana In the Most Recent Session (Briefing No. 2014-B0061).
Wednesday, June 11
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m. ***Special Meeting Location*** The Committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Fl., King County Courthouse
The agenda will be available Monday, June 9, at:
Budget and Fiscal Management Committee – 2:00 p.m.
***Special Meeting Location*** The Committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Fl., King County Courthouse
The Committee will be meeting in Executive Session.
Regional Policy Committee – 3:00 p.m.
· Update on King County's Health and Human Services Transformation Plan (Briefing No. 2014-B0093).
· Overview of Health and Human Services Funding (Briefing No. 2014-B0094).
“This Week at the Council” is a summary of highlights for upcoming council and committee agendas.
To read complete agendas and the full text of legislation,
please visit the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system at http://kingcounty.legistar.com/Legislation
on Comcast and Wave Cable on channel 22, or online at: