- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Rock blasting, single lane closures, rolling slowdowns to cause delays over Snoqualmie Pass next week
Rock blasting, single lane closures and rolling slowdowns will cause delays for drivers next week on Interstate 90 over Snoqualmie Pass.
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will close I-90 at 8 p.m. for about an hour each night Monday, June 23 through Thursday, June 26. During rock blasting closures, eastbound drivers will be stopped at Gold Creek (milepost 56) and westbound drivers will be stopped at Price Creek (milepost 61).
Intermittent rolling slowdowns are planned Monday through Friday during the day three miles east of the Snoqualmie Pass Summit around Keechelus Lake.
Daytime and nighttime eastbound lane closures will cause delays for drivers as well as daytime westbound lane closures between Denny Creek (milepost 47) to the Hyak vicinity (milepost 55) Monday through Saturday morning. Drivers may experience nighttime delays due to a single lane closures in both directions near the Price Creek vicinity (milepost 62 to 65) Monday through Friday.
Crews will be working to repair a bride near Elk Heights (milepost 90) on Monday, June 23. Drivers may experience minor delays eastbound between 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Crews will also be working to make repairs to the Vantage Bridge (milepost 137) westbound on Tuesday, June 24 from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and again on Wednesday, June 25 in the eastbound direction.
It’s a busy construction season and drivers need to use the following resources to help plan their trips over I-90 this summer:
- · Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects and traffic impacts and to sign up for email updates.
- · Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
- · Check the weekly Construction Updates and Traffic pages for region-wide updates.
- · Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM.
- · Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass.
- · Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511.