- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
More thefts reported at Soos Creek Trailhead | Police Blotter
All subjects in the police blotter are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• An unlocked bike was reported stolen at 10:02 p.m. on July 20 from inside Fred Meyer, 16735 SE 272nd St.
• Items were reported stolen at 5:48 p.m. on July 19 from the bed of a truck parked outside Subway, 22141 SE 237th St., N0. 201.
• Items were reported stolen from a purse at 1:24 p.m. on July 19 from an individual sitting outside Kohl’s, 17002 SE 270th Place.
• Forced entry burglary was reported at 8:55 p.m. on July 18 on the 19200 block of Southeast 268th Street.
• Two reports of thefts from vehicles and smashed windows were reported on July 19 at the Soos Creek trailhead, 24900 block of 148th Avenue Southeast and Southeast 256th Street and 148th Avenue Southeast.
• A burglary was reported at 8:59 a.m. on July 18 to a single family residence n the 26600 block of Timberlane Drive.
• Two shoplifting arrests were reported at 8:38 p.m. on July 17 at Kohl’s, 17002 SE 270th Place.
• Shoplifting of multiple items was reported at 6:09 p.m. on July 17 at Walmart, 17432 SE 270th Place.
• A bicycle was reported stolen at 1:49 p.m. on July 17 from an open garage on the 25900 block of 163rd Avenue Southeast.
• A theft was reported at 1:51 a.m. on July 17 from AM/PM, 17450 SE 272nd St.
• A necklace and bicycle were reported stolen during a burglary at 9:43 p.m. on July 16 from a single family residence. Police said a son stole the items from his mother and then pawned the items.
• A theft arrest was reported at 4:44 p.m. on July 16 on a man who allegedly stole items from Walmart, 17432 SE 270th Place, without paying and then returned the items for a gift card.
• Shoplifting was reported at 1:18 p.m. on July 16 at Walmart, 17432 SE 270th Place.
• A purse was reported stolen at 10:52 p.m. on July 15 from an unlocked vehicle parked on the 24200 block of Southeast 277th Street.
• A shoplifting arrest was reported at 5:21 p.m. of an individual who stole camping equipment from Fred Meyer, 16735 SE 272nd St.
• A burglary was reported at 2:45 p.m. on July 15 at Haeger Orthodontics, 22443 SE 243 St., Suite No. 100.
• Trespassing was reported at 10:20 p.m. on July 17 at the 76 Gas Station, 16405 SE 272nd St.
• A civil issue over spilled gas at the Arco station, 17450 SE 272nd St., resulted into a formal trespassing report at 6:59 p.m. on July 15.
NO CONTACT ORDER
• Report of an individual violating a court order by texting, calling and contacting a victim at 7:54 p.m. on July 15 by an individual living on the 22700 block of Southeast 268th Place.
• A daughter was arrested and booked at 1:27 p.m. on July 16 for fourth-degree assault. Police allege she scratched her father at their home, causing red marks and pain.
• A man reported fourth-degree assault at 11:16 p.m. on July 15 after he was hit in the head by a thrown rock at a park on the 17000 block of Southeast 261st Street.
• Homeless subjects camping in a wooded area behind the Covington Post Office, 17300 SE 270th Place, were arrested at 7:50 a.m. on July 16 on a theft warrant issued by the Kent Police Department. During the investigation, police said they also located items from an unreported burglary.
• An internet and mail scam requesting a wire transfer was reported at 2:41 p.m. on July 17 by an individual living on the 19300 block of Southeast 243rd Place.
• Social security fraud was reported at 9:03 a.m. on July 16 by an individual living on the 23800 block of 238th Avenue Southeast.
• An individual with a learner’s permit was stopped for driving a vehicle in the improper lane at 2:20 a.m. on July 17 on the 18900 block of Kent Kangley Road and found to be driving without a license.
• A victim living in Covington reported repeated instances of physical abuse at 9:22 a.m. on July 18 at a foster home.
• A large window was reported broken by a thrown object at 10:47 a.m. on July 19 at Cedar Valley Elementary, 26500 Timerlane Way.