- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
King County Council meeting highlights | Aug. 25-29
Monday, August 25
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
--Councilmembers will hear public testimony during their monthly public comment period. Speakers will have two minutes to address Councilmembers on matters relating to county government.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
· An ordinance relating to the operation and maintenance of the Seattle Streetcar on behalf of the city of Seattle; adopting an amended and restated agreement between King County and the city of Seattle (Substitute Ordinance 2014-0216.2).
· Separate ordinances establishing demonstration projects for alluvial fan management pilot projects located outside areas of shoreline jurisdiction (Ordinance 2014-0229) and areas within shoreline jurisdiction (Ordinance 2014-0271).
Tuesday, August 26
Government Accountability and Oversight Committee – 9:30 a.m.
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
· A motion accepting the Regional Animal Services 2014 Operational Strategic Plan and Technical Report in response to the 2013/2014 Biennial Budget Ordinance (Motion 2014-0147).
· An ordinance relating to for‑hire transportation, including taxicabs, for‑hire vehicles, for‑hire drivers and transportation network companies (Ordinance 2014-0187).
Law, Justice and Health and Human Services Committee – 1:30 p.m.
· Suburban King County Coordinating Council on Gangs (Briefing No. 2014-B0142).
· Operations of the Crisis Intervention Training, Crisis Solutions Center, and Mobile Crisis Team Programs Supported by the Mental Illness and Drug Dependency Sales Tax (Briefing No. 2014-B0145).
Wednesday, August 27
Wednesday, August 27King County Ferry District Executive Committee – 11:00 a.m. ***Special meeting location*** Committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr, King County Courthouse
· Approval of invoices
Transportation, Economy and Environment Committee – 1:30 p.m. ***Special meeting location*** Committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr,
King County Courthouse Monday, August 25, at:
King County CourthouseThe agenda will be available
Monday, August 25, at:http://www.kingcounty.gov/council/agendas.aspx