- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
King County Council meeting highlights |Sept. 1-5
Monday, September 1
Labor Day Holiday—County offices closed
Tuesday, September 2
Transportation, Economy and Environment Committee – 9:30 a.m.
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
- An ordinance approving and adopting an update to the Rural Economic Strategies Plan (Ordinance 2013-0408).
- An ordinance addressing income inequality through a requirement that a living wage be paid to county employees and to the employees of certain county contractors (Ordinance 2014-0299).
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
- An ordinance ending the honoring of civil immigration hold request from the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for individuals in the custody of the Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention (Substitute Ordinance 2014-0297.2).
- A motion accepting the Regional Animal Services 2014 Operational Strategic Plan and Technical Report in response to the 2014/14 Biennial Budget Ordinance and authorizing the release of $500,000 currently held in reserve (Substitute Motion 2014-0147.2).
Wednesday, September 3
Committee of the Whole – Cancelled
Budget and Fiscal Management Committee – 9:30 a.m. ***Special Meeting***
- Public Health ‑ Seattle & King County’s 2015/2016 Budget Proposal (Briefing No. 2014-B0133).
Regional Water Quality Committee – 3:00 p.m.
- Comprehensive Review of the Regional Wastewater Services Plan (Briefing No. 2014-B0148).
- Preliminary Regional Needs Assessment for the Wastewater Conveyance System (Briefing No. 2014-B0149).
- Wastewater Treatment Division Climate Adaptation Work (Briefing No. 2014-B0150).
“This Week at the Council” is a summary of highlights for upcoming council and committee agendas.
To read complete agendas and the full text of legislation,
please visit the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system at http://kingcounty.legistar.com/Legislation
Watch all Council proceedings held in chambers LIVE on King County TV
on Comcast and Wave Cable on channel 22, or online at: