A family heard crackling in the ceiling and so went outside and saw smoke coming from the eaves of their roof in the 19600 block of Southeast 259th.
They immediately called 911 at 10:01 a.m. and also made sure all four occupants were out of the home.
Puget Sound’s Fire Engine 78 was first to arrive and made entry into the homes bathroom where the ceiling fan was on fire. They quickly pulled down the ceilings sheetrock and extinguished a large volume of fire in the attic.
The homes occupants were checked by fire crews and they and their pet dog were OK.
Engine 98 from Mountain View Fire and Rescue also responded to the house fire.
American Red Cross was called and is assisting the family.
At this time, the fire is still under investigation by a Puget Sound fire investigator.