- About Us
Preps of the week
• Grade: Sophomore.
• Sport: Swimming.
• Accomplishment: Keeling-Garcia cruised to the 50 free and 100 free crowns during Kentlake’s final meet of the season last week, clocking out at 23.19 and 50.74 respectively. The two wins propelled the Falcons past Thomas Jefferson, 121-60.5.
• Favorite class: Physics.
• If you could invite anyone in the world to dinner, whom would you invite, and what would you serve: Bob Hoover, the best airshow pilot in the world. And we would probably have Mexican food because it’s the best.
• Greatest athletic moment: When I break 1-minute in the 100 breaststroke.
• Most recent book read/author: “Arctic Drift” by CLive Cussler.
• What’s on your iPod?: “Bonfire” by Craig Morgan.
• Also noted: Keeling-Garcia recently had the chance to swim against Michael Phelps, Jason Lezac, Matt Grevers, and Kosuke Kitajima. He also recently got signed off to fly and airplane solo, and anticipates getting his private pilot’s license and instrument rating the day he turns 17.
• Grade: Junior.
• Sport: Wrestling.
• Accomplishment: Hernandez, a 125-pounder, found his groove on Saturday, winning three straight matches, including his weight class’ title, at the Jaguar Invitational at Emerald Ridge High in Puyallup.
• Favorite class: Weight Training.
• If you could invite anyone in the world to dinner, whom would you invite, and what would you serve: Dan Henderson, the UFC Fighter, because he reminds of of myself. I would make spaghetti. I love spaghetti.
• Greatest athletic moment: Wrestling my first match at 125 pounds because I competed at 171 last year.
• Most recent book read/author: “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
• What’s on your iPod?: “Drop the World” by Lil’ Wayne.
• Grade: Senior.
• Sport: Wrestling.
• Accomplishment: Potts won the 125-pound weight class at the South Kitsap Invitational in Port Orchard. He came away with three victories at the tournament, including a 9-8 win over Wes Wynn of Peninsula in the championship bout.
• Favorite class: Physical Education.
• If you could invite anyone in the world to dinner, whom would you invite, and what would you serve: Jessica Alba and we would have chocolate strawberries.
• Greatest athletic moment: Winning my match by a pin at the Cov-Town Throwdown on Senior Night.
• Most recent book read/author: “King of the World: Muhammad Ali” by David Remnick.
• What’s on your iPod?: “Hotel California” by The Eagles.
• Also noted: Potts has more than 100 matches and 75 total wins at Kentlake.